REX Motion Sensor
Should You Install a REX Motion Sensor on Your Premises?
You visited a business partner and signed a deal in their office. The deal is good for both sides, and it made you very happy. You head for the door only to realize it’s locked. It takes minutes before an employee presses a button to let you outside. You were happy a moment ago, but this made you annoyed.
That is how using a door entry buzzer system without a Request to Exit button looks from the perspective of a visitor. If you are a business owner, that might compromise the relationship with clients and partners, which you don’t want to happen. At the same time, an access control system is imperative to keep everyone in the building safe.
You need to find an easy way for clients to leave the building once they finish their business inside. The solution lies in acquiring a REX motion sensor that detects people’s movement and opens doors for them automatically.
What Should You Know About Door Buzzer Systems?
If we want to talk about REX motion sensors and buttons, it is important to know the basics of door buzzers. These are office or building access control systems that use fail-secure electric locks. A buzzer system keeps the door locked by default. The person who wants to enter the premises needs to hit a buzzer to ask for access. The buzzer activates the receiver on the inside. If the system has CCTV cameras, employees can see the person on the outside. In case they don’t recognize them, the intercom system allows communication. They could ask the person to introduce themselves and tell why they are here. After confirming the identity, the employee presses a button to open the door remotely and grants building entry to the person outside. Once they come in and the door closes, they lock again automatically.
You can keep unwanted visitors outside, and choose who you want to let into the premises. That minimizes the risk of robbery and other illegal activities that could be harmful to the people in the building.
Since you can unlock the lock remotely, that means you don’t have to walk to the door. That saves the employees the time and hassle on getting up whenever someone rings the bell.
Durable and Resistant
Buzzers are resistant to snow, rain, and bad weather conditions. They are also damage-proof, which makes them resistant to vandals.
an unwanted visitor could destroy your property, which usually results in costly investments. Even worse, they could harm employees or steal sensitive data, which could be a type of damage that is beyond repair.
How REX Motion Sensors Improve Door Buzzers
A REX motion sensor is an additional component of an access control system. It focuses on letting people out from inside the premises.
Here is how a REX motion sensor works:
- You install motion sensors on top or the sides of the door.
- Once a person gets close to the door, the sensors identify movement. It is possible to adjust the range at which the sensors will detect motion, assuming they are within their maximum potential distance.
- After identifying movement, the sensors send a signal to the access control system to open the door. The electric current releases the lock, and the person can leave the premises.
- Once the doors are closed again, they lock automatically to maintain maximum safety.
You could say that the REX motion sensor is an advanced variant of the classic REX buttons. These buttons are located on the outside, and the person pressing them sends a signal to the system to open the door.
What Are the Benefits of Having a REX Motion Sensor?
Here is why you should consider installing a REX motion sensor.
- Maximum Convenience for Everyone Involved
- If a Request to Exit mechanism doesn’t exist, the employees have to unlock the door every time. They do that by pressing the button on the receiver, which takes time and prevents them from doing other activities.
- The person leaving the premises doesn’t have to do anything. It is enough to get close to the door, and the sensor will detect movement automatically. The door will open, and the person won’t have to spend an additional second of their time to press a REX button or wait until the door is opened.
- Maintains Your Security at the Highest Level
- The entire point of door entry buzzers is to maximize security on your premises. They keep you safe and prevent potential issues that come with unwanted visits. However, once the person is already inside, that implies they passed the identity check. Someone let them in after they confirmed they are trustworthy.
- That means no additional verification is required once leaving the premises. It is why a REX motion sensor is a way to simplify the exit process without disrupting the implemented security measures.
- Increases Your Reputation
- People feel good when they see doors opened automatically for them. It is also convenient that they don’t have to go through the hassle of pressing a REX button, or the trouble of asking someone to let them out.
- That is why REX motion sensors increase the reputation of companies in the eyes of the visitors. Additionally, Request to Exit mechanisms are considered an advanced and visitor-friendly solution, and they show you care about your visitors.
Fast and Reliable REX Motion Sensor Installation
Are you looking for an expert to install a REX motion sensor on your premises? Would you like an experienced professional to advise you on the system specifics, and recommend the range at which the sensor should detect movement?
We have years of experience with installing, maintaining, and servicing REX motion sensors. Our skillful team is ready to guide you through the entire process, and our technicians will ensure everything is installed flawlessly.
Please give us a call today to discuss your REX motion sensor requirements and schedule an appointment with our experts!
MULTI-FAMILY LOBBY AND COMMON AREA ACCESS CONTROL TO ALLOW RESIDENTS FREE ACCESS AND LIMITING UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL
GREAT SOLUTION TO CONTROL THE FLOW OF AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL THROUGHOUT OFFICES WITH CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS OR PROPRIETARY INFORMATION
FACTORIES THAT ARE LOOKING TO SECURE THEIR EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT AND THE FLOW OF EMPLOYEES THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING